You are here: / Using Data abroad
Using Data and the Internet
In order to use data or the internet on your mobile Telefone or the Laptop; please follow the instructions below.
Settings for Voice over Internet (VoIP)
To use VoIP on your mobile phone you have to select on your mobile phone the setttings for network and WiFi. As well do you need to install an applet like Sipdroid. The settings for these applets are as follows:
Sipdroid access data:
· Authentication name = 7937 XXXXXX (your Global +44 mobile number)
· Password = YYYYYYY
(Please use the password that is assigned to you on your “My Account“)
· Server = sip.chilisim.com
· Domain = sip.chilisim.com (not always necessary, depends on the SIP client)
· Username = e.g. your own name
· Port = 5060
Protocol = UDP
For VoIP over the internet you can install a program like X-Lite on your Laptop.
- Go to
Please use exactly the same settings as on your mobile phone. Additional settings are available for the selection of Microphone and Speakers.
- Using Data Services when abroad
Your FreeTime SIM card is extremely good in using Data services in foreign countries.
Important! Be careful in watching movies and television progrems when abroad because these „downloads“ may consume a considerable amount of Data.
For using Data services on your Laptop, you can use a so called „Data stick“. A lot of these Data sticks have already an installed „Pug and Play“ option.
The further settings are:
The FreeTime MyAccount gives you the option, directly from your Laptop, over the internet, to send cheap SMS messages. In your MyAccount Menu you have to select “Web SMS” and enter the telephone number(s) of the people you want to send an SMS too.
- „My Account“ Web Callback
You can make low-cost Telefone calls through the „Web Callback“ function within the „MyAccount“ application. Simply follow the instructions below:
- Enter the A-Leg Telefone number: This ist he number you want to make the call from;
- Entert he B-Legtelephone number: That is is the telephone number of the Party you want to be called
- Press the Callback button : Your phone will start ringing.
- Call accept: Press the „green“ button.
- The call will be set-up.
- The cost of a Web Call-Back is substantially cheaper than the cost of a normal mobile call.
- The cost of the call will be booked on your account.